So far so good. I’ve updated the firmware and tested the outputs on all the units. I’ve completed a burn in of the first unit. Fifty amps for 2 hours. No drama of any kind. Everything is just humming right along.
The first production units arrived from the Florida factory this afternoon. So far, all the units I’ve tested are working electrically. Two were mishandled during the encapsulation process and are too funky to let out of the lab. The will be used for testing. Before these first units go out the door, I will be updating the firmware on all the units and doing a burn in test.
I will be setting up a system for doing commerce in the coming days. The days after Motobrain hit the market are almost here.
We are beginning the encapsulation process at the factory today. For those of you who don’t know what that means, the encapsulation process is how we create the final look of the product and provide it with its environmental protection. Below is the practice Motobrain we created yesterday. I flew down here to Florida yesterday to train the staff at the factory how to do this step of the process. They are fast learners, I didn’t have anything to do with building the photographed unit.
Once this step is complete, there will be a “burn in” test done where we draw 50A for a couple hours and then we will begin shipping.