Finally, a little casting success!

March 16, 2014 in 8 Channel PDU by Joshua Oster-Morris

I finally have a little success in casting a Motobrain. The Motobrain looks great and the mold is intact! Unfortunately, I made two significant changes compared to the last attempt so I do not know for certain which change was responsible for the better outcome. I changed both the resin (because I ran out of the preferred resin) and the release agent. As I said last night, the release agent I used was cheap floor wax (and AquaNet hair spray). The resin is not preferred because it is harder and not thermally conductive. The customer I will send this unit to doesn’t require high current capacity so I decided to make use of this resin rather than waste it.

I am still going to give a silicone mold a try but I won’t have to wait on it which pleases me greatly!

4CB7E544-36F0-4DA2-AC06-F40CCAD91F12[1]

7ABAB0C1-CA8F-43AE-A89C-65D7C5CD253A[1]

63D0C345-5F21-4ED5-8C5E-E6D0E7C78231[1]

5446A1F7-C838-4616-BE1E-7A80A7C372F3[1]

P1000848[1]