Encapsulation Mold Arrives

February 2, 2014 in 8 Channel PDU by Joshua Oster-Morris

I designed a mold to encapsulate the Motobrain in epoxy two weeks ago. I thought I would print it on a 3D printer at my hackerspace but I couldn’t make it work correctly (video below of it printing) so I ended up ordering a pair from my favorite Tulsa Oklahoma prototype shop. They arrived today. They are open top and bottom. I set the Motobrain on the table, put the mold over it, screw a plate to the Motobrain and the top of the mold, and then finally put a bottom plate on it and bolt the whole thing together. I will then inject the epoxy into the mold. I’ll be doing that tomorrow, you should expect to see some photos of a finished Motobrain day after tomorrow. I expect it would work well, but I do not have much experience with this so we shall see.

IMG_20140201_225025_324[1]

IMG_20140201_224747_097[1]

Fullscreen+capture+1192014+84926+AM[1]