New Prototype Built
This afternoon I built up a new prototype PDU logic board. I had planned to do it last weekend but I had an accident with my reflow oven (the device I use to do the soldering of all the “chips” to the board). It sort of blew up in my hands… Anyway, I repaired it and got a very good cook on the new board today.
This board represents a significant departure from the previous incarnations. It uses a new board vendor and is able to be built with a much lower level of precision which may provide lower costs down the road. It also has some significant modifications to the analog MOSFET clamping which will provide much faster response times to over-current conditions.